**This product ships from Lake Forest, CA.**
Taurine Powder (free form amino acid) Taurine (2-Aminoethane sulfonic acid) is a conditionally essential free-form amino acid that is the most abundant free amino acid in many tissues and participates in a variety of metabolic processes. Taurine is found at high levels in the heart and skeletal muscle, white blood cells, the central nervous system, and is a building block for all other amino acids.
- Works as an ion and pH buffer in the heart and skeletal muscles and central nervous system.
- Taurine is instrumental in preventing loss of potassium from heart muscle.
- Aids in the digestion of fat, soluble vitamins, and the management of cholesterol levels.
- Aids electrolyte balance and proper utilization of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Improves cell volumization and makes muscles appear larger.
- Improves anabolic processes and boosts protein synthesis.
- Maintains glucose uptake.
Taurine works synergistically with any form of Creatine. Taurine is different than most other amino acids because it is not incorporated into proteins but it does play many roles in the body, including bile acid conjugation, detoxification, membrane stabilization, osmoregulation, and modulation of excitatory neurotransmission and intracellular calcium levels. The mean taurine intake in humans is estimated to be around 60 mg daily, but supplementation can far exceed this amount and readily increases taurine levels in many tissues.
Suggested Usage: As a dietary supplement take 1/4 scoop (1000 mg), with water or your favorite beverage 2-3 times daily with meals or on an empty stomach, or as directed by your physician. If you experience stomach irritation, take with meals. Mix for 15 to 20 seconds using a shaker cup or mix thoroughly with a spoon. Taurine is nontoxic and well-absorbed. This pure powdered form mixes well with juice or water and has a slightly sour taste. No daily values have been established for taurine. May be hygroscopic and may clump during shipment. This does not effect the efficacy of the product, but just the texture.
Hypoallergenic: Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy, wheat, shellfish, sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
Suitable for vegetarians: Yes.