**This product ships from Lake Forest, CA.**
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) Extract Powder In China and Japan, Reishi is considered the most powerful tonic for the attainment of optimum health, longevity, and spiritual attainment. The active constituents in Reishi (Ganoderma Iucidum) are its unique Polysaccharides, Terpenes, and Beta-Glucans. Contrary to popular belief, mushrooms are not digestible by the human body, since they contain no cellulose. Mushrooms must be processed to make them digestible, usually by cooking, to break down the cell walls, but denaturing through cooking results in the loss of the vital energy of the mushroom. Over 1 kg of Reishi Mushroom has been concentrated into our highly digestible and potent 10:1 extract.
Traditional Uses of Ganoderma Iucidum in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): Reishi is used to tonify the Three Treasures: Jing (essence), Qi (life energy and life force) and Shen (Spirit, God, awareness and consciousness), as well as to protect and guard the liver and heart. Reishi is used traditionally to build resistance to stress (including normal and premature aging), to detoxify both the cells and tissue of the body. Additionally, Reishi acts as a slight Central Nervous System (CNS) sedative while building the CNS overtime, both relaxing and energizing the body and mind. Unequivocally, Reishi is has been used throughout Asia to prolong life and to amplify intelligence and wisdom. Throughout history, Reishi was so rare and highly regarded that by decree of law, Reishi was only to be used by the Chinese Royal Family.
Specifically, Reishi has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to target and treat the:
- Liver, including the gallbladder
- Spleen, including the stomach and pancreas
- Lung, including the large intestine
- Heart, including the small intestine
- Kidneys, including the endocrine system, adrenals, and bladder
Current Clinical Results of In-vivo and In-vitro Reishi testing:
- Anti-allergic activity
- Bronchitis-preventative effect, inducing regeneration of bronchial epithelium
- Antibacterial, against Staphylococci, Streptococci, and Bacillus pneumoniae (perhaps due to increased immune system activity)
- Antioxidant, by eliminating hydroxyl free radicals
- Anti-tumor activity
- Antiviral effect, by inducing interferon production
- Lowers blood pressure
- Enhances bone marrow nucleated cell proliferation
- Cardiotonic action, lowering serum cholesterol levels with no effect on triglycerides
- enhancing myocardial metabolism of hypoxic animals
- improving coronary artery hemodynamics
- Central depressant and peripheral anticholinergic actions on the autonomic nervous system reduce the effects of caffeine and relax muscles
- Enhanced natural killer cell (NK) activity in vitro in mice
- Expectorant and antitussive properties demonstrated in mice studies
- General immunopotentiation
- Anti-HIV activity in vitro and in vivo
- Improved adrenocortical function
- Increased production of Interleukin-1 by murine peritoneal macrophages in vitro
- Increased production of Interleukin-2 by murine splenocytes in vitro
Key Active Constituents found in Reishi Mushooms Beta and hetero-Beta-glucans (antitumour and immunostimulating); Ling Zhi-8 protein (anti-allergenic, immuno-modulating); Ganodermic acids & tri-terpenes (anti-allergenic agents, cholesterol and blood pressure reducing); Polysaccharides. Our Reishi Spore Powder is Completely raw and organic; Processed and packaged in a low temperature, air free environment to preserve the vital energy, potency and reduce oxidation; Collected only at the height of potency; Never irradiated and contains no drying agents, preservatives or fillers. Indications: Reishi is for everyone desiring optimum, restorative nutrition. We highly recommend using our Reish Extract Powder as the foundation of your daily nutrition, rebuilding from the cells up for optimum nutrition and wellbeing.
Suggested Usage and Dosage: Add to elixirs, water, teas, tonics, smoothies, homemade ice creams, puddings, fruit and/or vegetable juices, etc. 1/2 - 1 scoop, 1-3 times daily, preferably on an empty stomach. 2.5-5 Grams, 2-3 times daily. Volumetric measuring devices cannot be used to accurately measure a supplement powder. Due to the potency and nature of this product, you MUST use a scale.
Hypoallergenic: Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy, wheat, shellfish, sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
Suitable for vegetarians: Yes.